in less than two weeks the International Conference of Refugees & Migrants is happening in Hamburg. We are very excited because it seems that it is exactly the right time to come together and discuss our common struggle. We are working hard to make this conference happen and want to present a short outline to you of these three days at Kampnagel.
The final overview of the program will be published within the next couple of days on our facebook page and website.
Information on what is still needed for us to prepare the conference, please check the last point.
General Information for all the three days
– Women´s* space (open for women, girls, lesbians, trans, inter*people)
– Kids space and child care (come with your families!!!)
– Law Clinic: Individual and private legal consultation (at least on Saturday and Sunday)
– Art, Music, Movies, etc.
– An exchange of different refugee groups and their struggles in Germany and other countries
– Job Desk for volunteers: We will need all of your support! (contact: volunteer.conference (at) riseup.net)
– Conference language: English
>> translations into French, Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Serbo-Croatian, Tigrinya, Kurmancu, German, Turkish and International Sign
>> if we can find enough translators for all the languages needed
– Travel costs: We will try to refund your travel costs but we can´t manage to do this for everyone. If possible, please ask your local associations/ foundations/ groups etc. to support you with travel costs as well. We also recommend to travel in groups due to savety reasons and to decrease travel costs.
>> If you need help with your travel costs, you can contact us via: refugeeconference.travelcosts (at) riseup.net (before February, 20th).
– Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Kampnagel (for free, but donations are very welcome)
>> if possible, please bring some drinks for yourself
– Sleeping places: We will try to organize sleeping places for everyone who really needs it (people from outside Hamburg). In any case: BRING SLEEPING BAGS AND MATRESSES, if you have!!!!
– Registration: We are fully booked! Please make sure before coming to the conference, that you have registered yourself/ your group!
– Legal Team (EA): A Legal Team is available during the whole time of the Conference. You can contact them if you have problems because of an racist police control, at the border or anything else related to Conference. The emergency number for the conference is:
(0049) 152 19 39 72 22 (اردو- فارسی)
(0049) 152 19 39 72 82 (عربی)
(0049) 152 19 39 69 47 (français)
(0049) 157 72 37 00 55 (Deutsch und Englisch)
Start on Friday (26th February)
Arrival is possible from 16h00 (4pm) at Kampnagel (address: Jarrestraße 20, 22303 Hamburg).
>> If you have difficulties getting to Kampnagel by yourself, you can also go to the Lampedusa Protest Tent first (address: Steindam 2, 20099 Hamburg; very close to the Hauptbahnhof). People of the organisation team will wait for you there and then travel together to Kampnagel.
>> At Kampnagel there will be food and a meet & greet.
At 19h00 (7pm) our official program will start with the first panel (discussion in the big hall K6 with 850 seats). After this introduction we will have the chance to get to know each other and to hang out together.
Saturday (27th February)
After breakfast, we will start at 10h00 (10am) with our main program.
During the whole day, there will be 3 panel discussion in the big hall K6.
>> Topics like struggles and self-organisation at the European borders, in other countries and Germany against racism, deportations, violence against women, new laws against Refugees and many more will be discussed.
All panel discussions will be simultaneously translated via headphones into different languages.
At the same time there will be more than 30 workshops in smaller rooms where interested people will have the chance to discuss these and other topics (also with translators) in a more detailed way.
From 20h00 (8pm): Concert and party!
Sunday (28th February)
From 10h00 (10am) on, we will bring together results, demands and strategies for our way foward in a big plenary in K6.
>> Possibilities to end this powerful Conference can be writing down declarations for perspectives of the ongoing struggles and/or having a demonstration to protest publically for our rights
might end the conference with a possible demonstration
End around 15h00 (3pm)
What we still need to make the conference happen
– more translators for the languages described above
>> mostly needed momentarily are the combinations French English, English –> Dari/Farsi, English –> Tigrinya, English –> Serbo-Croatian, English –> Kurmancu, English –> Turkish
>> If you are used to translate into these languages from German, please also don´t hesitate to contact us!
– more sleeping places as we expect more than 1000 people to participate
– lots of volunteers to help us during all of the conference days
– donate at our crowdfunding campain
>> check https://www.nordstarter.org/refugeeconference)
If you can help us out with any of the described needs, please contact us via: conference.hamburg (at) riseup.net . Thanks!!!
We are looking much forward to seeing you all at the Conference which we are very excited for!!!
International Conference of Refugees and Migrants 2016 | Hamburg | @ Kampnagel